Welcome to Flutter Internals, a community-maintained open source book providing a guided tour through Flutter's implementation.
This book is very much a "work in progress"; in fact, we'd love your help with grammatical fixes, technical edits, and new content.
- The goal of this book is to provide intuitive descriptions of Flutter’s internals in an easily digestible outline format.
- Descriptions are intended to be comprehensive without becoming bogged down in implementation details or sacrificing clarity.
- This book strives to provide a “hawk’s eye view” of Flutter’s implementation.
- These notes are most useful once you have a solid understanding of how to use Flutter (since they describe how the interfaces actually work).
- This outline was written for developers looking to build intuition about Flutter internals and Flutter hackers looking to ramp up on the codebase.
- We also hope that this book can inspire more thorough learning materials (such as deep dive videos or long form articles).
- Anyone (thank you)! If there’s a corner of the framework that you find confusing, please consider becoming a contributor and updating the book with the relevant details.
- Please read the "Get Involved" section.